Friday, September 16, 2011

Ephemera

I haven't gotten much novel writing done lately because settling back into school is eating up a lot of my time.  I have been writing, just for class.  I'm enrolled in a creative writing class and I've been writing so much for it.  It's great to have an outlet for all the other ideas in my head that don't have anything to do with The Book Without A Name About Faeries And Boyfriends.  I've submitted 3 exercises and a 100-word story on an index card.  The last exercise hasn't been graded yet, but I got an A and an A- on the exercises and a check plus on the index card story, so there's that.  I've also been collecting dozens of names.  For future characters, future children, just for fun.  I love names.

Some of my favorites:
Delilah
Theodore
Delaine
Roxby
Britta
Minette
Persephone
Calliope
Verity
Odette
Brooke
Petra
Melisande
Belsante
Darby
Elodie
Jubilee (even though I usually hate word names, it just sounds so pretty and happy and, well, jubilous!)
Emmeline (like Emmeline Pankhurst)
Rory (especially for a boy, Rory Williams is a great role model)
Kylie

Do you collect names?  Do you have ideas for characters you'd like to write?  I was thinking maybe I'd post some of my shorts that I write for class.  Would you read them?

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!