Friday, November 4, 2011

The End.

Ladies and gents, I just did something monumentous.  I finished the first draft.  I know it'll need a lot of editing and rewriting and snipping and adding of scenes.  But.  It's done.  I typed The End tonight at twenty to nine.

Today's total words: 8510
Nano only word total: 17,836
Word total: 78,247
Page in word: 122
Chapter: ALL THE CHAPTERS

I can't believe the first draft is really finished.  This is a weird feeling.  I'm excited, I'm happy, I'm elated.  But I'm also oddly empty.  I've been writing this book since May.  It's my baby.  And now it's done, the first draft is done.  It's strange, this feeling.  I've been holed up in my head with these characters for 6 months.

I'm taking some time off now to relax my brain.  Soon, probably next week, I'll start editing.  I'm also considering finishing nano by taking last year's nano book and picking up where I left off last year.  Either way.

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!