Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Revisions

Revisions suck.  They hurt.  You have to kill your darlings, but killing them hurts.  I'm on page 101 right now.  My poor little manuscript is getting beaten up from getting carried around with me everywhere, even to classes.  It's so covered in red ink, pages folded up, small rips in the top, poor thing.

Revision gold:
Oberon (the city) is laid out like DC, it's not gridded at all.
The Oberon Museum is based on two of my favorite museums in DC, the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of American History.
There are so many little references to my life.
What do you do when you need to waste a day?  Have your characters go to the opera of course!  And it must be Salome, that's a requirement.

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!