Motivating yourself to write a novel in 30 days is tough. No matter who you are, it's really tough. So how do you do it?
Here are a few of my favorite strategies:
1) Fantasize about giving author interviews, then remember that you can't do that unless you publish a book.
2) Make a playlist of songs that get you in the mood to write your book. They should relate to the book, or else you'll wind up writing something totally different. (Mine includes Sister Psychic by Smash Mouth).
3) Make a fake cover for your book.
4) Put it on your to-do list, don't let it slip off.
5) Make a motivational computer background. Obviously this isn't exactly viable if you share your computer, but if you use your own then make a background with pictures from your inspiration file. Chop them up in photoshop, add a background color, and slap on a name. Then put it up to remind yourself how important this is.
Whatever method you use to get motivated, let's get excited guys because Nano is so close!