Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's About Time

I know it's been quite a while, and I don't have anything new to report except that junior year at college is hard.  It's a lot of work, and that leaves little time for writing.  So I think I'm making a resolution this year to stop going online late at night and reading blogs and wasting time on, well, IWasteSoMuchTime.com.  Instead I'm going to try to get to bed at a reasonable time at night, so I can get up earlier in the mornings so I can write more.

Being twenty, being a junior, being a second semester junior, it's terrifying.  It makes me think about graduation, and grad school, and jobs (I'm a tutor this year), and life after the safety net that college provides.

I've accomplished a few things since my last post.  I turned twenty, got a driving permit, came to my junior year, planned a floor/building event, made new friends, got caught up in someone else's drama, accepted new brothers into my fraternity, and wrote several papers.  I also read Looking For Alaska, How To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Vinland Sagas.

I've done next to nothing for the book, except finished editing chapter 5.  Now I have to go back and work on my second rewrite of chapter 1, then continue forward.  I've also been planning out the second book.  Originally I had planned it to be a trilogy but now I'm thinking it's more of a diad.  I went hiking and sorted out a significant portion of the plot.

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!