Monday, January 14, 2013

First Day of Classes

Today is my first day of my last spring semester.  I'm graduating in December.  I don't have class until 1, but I've been up and about since 9:30.  Between straightening out an id card problem, getting my first bagel of the year, and tackling my to-do list, I've been go go going all morning.  I've also been people watching.  It's weird to look at the freshmen still figuring out how to dress for their classes, and realize that I was there so recently.  My freshman year I experimented with various facets of fashion until I found a mix that works well for me.  It's somewhere between East Coast Prep, Midwestern biker, and Kate Spade's Live Colorfully campaign.  

It's also weird because previous semesters my to-do list didn't start until the first week of classes was over.  But now I'm a first semester senior, and I have grad school applications to do.  I have the finances for the Student Historical Society because I'm the treasurer.  I'm a committee chair in my fraternity.  It's a lot of responsibility and I have to get a jump on it, so I've already started on planning events and getting financial information ready for the two groups.  

It's also strange to think that this is my last semester to sit in the student union and watch spring come back to DC.  It's my last semester to picnic on the quad before it gets hot.  It's my last semester to become the person I want to be.  Next semester I'll be applying to graduate schools and doing interviews.  

Because of all of this stress, I decided I needed a power outfit to tackle the day.  A nice dress, cool boots, my watch (always wear a watch, it's rude to check the time on your cell phone), stud earrings, a headband, and pink painted nails.  I always try to paint my nails before classes start, because with a fresh manicure I feel like I can take on the world.  It's one of those little things that makes me feel grown up.  

Anyone else heading back to school today?
Chin up friends, we've got this.

(Click the picture for a full downloadable version)


Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!