Friday, June 14, 2013

Honesty Hour: Writing Edition

This is the first post in a while that I haven't pre-written in Google drive, edited, then scheduled.  And it's gonna be a really honest one.  It's time to talk about writing again.  

Writing has been rough lately.  I've been having a lot of trouble getting it going at all.  I re-read outlines from last summer, and I get excited about the stories again, but I also can't seem to slip into that world like I did in 2012.  So I'm struggling.  Partly I think it's because I'm doing so many other things right now, partly I think it's because I'm leading a particularly stressful life of late (lots of added responsibilities with my family and the house, lots of personal stress about finding a place to live after I graduate and hoping to move there as quickly as I can after I graduate, etc).  But regardless of why, I'm struggling.  

I've been trying to get back into my Camp Nano book from last year, about a teenage psychic who moves to my hometown and discovers there's a lot more to the world than she thought.  It's a character I've been playing with for the last six years.  

I'll let you know how it goes.  But that'll probably take a while.

To any of you struggling with writing right now, good luck.  And I've always got the chocolate for when we need it.

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!