Thursday, July 18, 2013

Twenty


Twenty has been a great year for me.  It’s had its ups and definitely, definitely had its downs, but overall it’s been a great year.  A lot has happened, a lot has changed, and I’ve definitely grown more this year than any other. My birthday is in just over a week and I'll be 21. It feels like I just turned 20 but at the same time it feels like I've been waiting for this somewhat arbitrary life mile-marker my entire life. I feel simultaneously like I have the world ahead of me, and like I'm running out of time. Does anyone else feel like this summer is shorter than all the previous ones? I feel like I just finished junior year and all of a sudden I'm making lists for a triumphant return to DC and my final year.

Twenty began with me getting my permit, and ended with me getting my license.
Twenty saw me become a junior, a Big, and a mentor.
Twenty saw me expand my friend group when my best friends studied abroad.
Twenty saw me break up with my boyfriend of over four years.
Twenty saw my dreams change, evolve, and completely re-form.
Twenty saw me act as a treasurer, a committee member, and then committee chair.
Twenty saw me attend a Phi Sigma Pi conference.
Twenty saw me create my 25 Before 25 list.
Twenty saw me become a vegetarian and make better health choices.
Twenty saw me discover yoga and running.
Twenty saw me become a person who is okay with silence and noise.
Twenty saw me look at more new cities to live in than I had before.
Twenty saw me become more like the person I want to be and learn to take pride in myself.  
Twenty saw me find a new personal philosophy that really helps me.
Twenty has seen me grow as a person, a Brother, a Historian, and a friend.

Twenty-one will see even more.


Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!